Sunday, October 22, 2017

Words Of Wisdom From William Defoe

William Defoe (Wikipedia)

The Guardian: Willem Dafoe: ‘I’ve thought about murder many times’

The actor, 62, on actors’ fear, being happy in nature, the false freedom of technology and being mistaken for Mick Jagger

Nobody ever talks about how most actors are full of fear, because the target is always moving. If you’re smart you keep on playing the same, doing the same shtick. If you really put yourself out there… It’s always risky.

Some people think I’m quite odd looking. Some think I’m handsome. Some people think I’m ugly. What can I say?

I was born in 1955, in Appleton, Wisconsin – primarily a paper mill town. I grew up with Eisenhower. It was a Republican kind of area. It wasn’t a bad upbringing. People were hardworking and good, but I always had the sense there was a bigger world out there that I would feel more comfortable in. I knew, even as a child.

I’m happiest when I’m in nature. I mean, deeply in nature. It allows you to forget and join the bigger picture. My favourite landscape is jungle down to water. My dream is to wear flipflops, boxer shorts and a vest all day.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: I have always enjoyed his films. It is good to see that he is still active.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109444/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099587/